Thu, Jun 15|
Finca Las Hormigas
Introduction to Permaculture and Tropical Agroforestry
Four one-day courses aimed at beginners in permaculture and tropical agroforestry. Get a discount for signing up for the entire four-day course or come for just one day.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 8:00 AM – Jun 18, 5:00 PM
Finca Las Hormigas, Finca las Hormigas Permaculture Farm, Limón, Ania, 70403, Costa Rica
About the event
Day One, June 15 -- Introduction to Permaculture
- Interested in Permaculture? Not sure where to start? This workshop is an excellent way to learn more about the basics of permaculture. We will explore the ethics, practices, and principles with an emphasis on the tropics.
Day Two, June 16-- Tropical Plant Systems and Organic Gardening Techniques
- In this segment, we will discuss the basics of soil science, composting and fertilization, farm design, and maintenance. Using permaculture principles and ethics, we will discuss the reason for certain applications, how to observe natural phenomena, and how to replicate them to create abundance.
Day Three, June 17 -- Intro to Regenerative Agroforestry Forest Farming
- Learn about agroforestry design -- mimicking natural systems and the succession of species in tropical rainforests. You will learn agroforestry techniques across the world in a social and ecological context with different methodologies of agroforestry design (silvopasture, syntropic, Wildynamics, alley cropping, etc.)
Day Four, June 18 -- Hands-on Agroforestry Forest Farming Practice
- Go into the field and learn earthworks and contour planning, pruning and maintenance of trees, and proper planting and spacing techniques. Finish the day by using what you've learned to install a syntropic agroforestry design.
Entire Four-Day workshop
This ticket includes all four days of workshops which includes lunch. There is an option to stay on the farm for three nights. Three meals per day are included with your stay.From $150.00 to $355.00
- $150.00+$3.75 service fee
- $240.00+$6.00 service fee
- $355.00+$8.88 service fee
One-Day Course Access
This grants access to one of the four classes during the course. Eight hours of course work plus a farm-fresh lunch. Please email us to let us know which day you will be joining.$45.00+$1.13 service fee